A headline on Yahoo’s front page: “Report: Yahoo!, AOL in talks; Microsoft, News Corp. mull bid” :(
I was completely against Microsoft buying Yahoo, but now I think I’d prefer it to … AOL.
I never really commented on that whole news item regarding Microsoft and Yahoo, did I? I really do like Yahoo (except for it buying Geocities…) and I am loyal to it probably only because it’s ancient in internet years. I remember not fully understanding the directory they had going on, along with the search that they also offered.
It’s stayed my homepage ever since … well, I switched from Netscape 4.5 to Internet Explorer 5.5 I guess. (Backstory: Netscape had user accounts so for my account I had my website, Inconsistent Angel Things, set as my homepage. I would open IE if I wanted Yahoo.)
I do agree with one comment I’ve heard, that their site layout is jam-packed with everything, but then who would expect a Yahoo to be couth and suave…?
Some little things:
- I don’t know why I can comment on SM00’s blog some times, and other times I can’t.
- I can’t figure out how to make GM build my old archived entries. So only entries 230-now work, and only the month of February works. >.<
- Entry 227 is marked as “closed” even though the entry saved on my hard drive is marked as “open” and no matter how many times I upload the one on my hard drive to my website it still says it’s “closed” in GM.
- All the other entries that aren’t viewable are all marked as “extended entries.” Even though when I go to edit the darn things, there is absolutely nothing in the “more” section.
- Oh yeah. New archives layout. It’s Chevelle. :) I’m liking their song Comfortable Liar. Not the lyrics, just the music. ^_^ Same with Jimmy Eat World’s “Get It Faster.” I don’t favor the lyrics, but I looove the music. Get It Faster is playing on KROQ now. XD So much fun.
- I know absolutely nothing about Sakurazawa Erika, and yet I was accepted by the TFL to run the fanlisting. >_> ^^; Hey, I wanna join the fanlisting, but one doesn’t exist. So … I’ll make one! Even though I didn’t know her name was Sakurazawa Erika … <.< *coughcough*
- I figured out why the borders wouldn’t show up in Mozilla/Netscape. It was ’cause I had “1” instead of “1px.” ^^;; Stupid accomodating MSIE.
Umm … that is all. I think.
No dream? ^^;; Ahh, I got bored with it, thinking about it so much … >.>; But I’ll put it up soon …
I no likie this [old] compi. Err … screen. Yesh. Makes my eyes tired. Why am I using it? Beats me. And the keyboard is not nice either. ^^;; And the mouse is starting to not work so well. :(
I got Windows updates, and installed Windows Media Player 9 (which may have been a mistake … but at least Yahoo Launch radio works, now). Then I read blogs. Then I updated Netscape. ^^;; Then I looked at Winamp skins …